Frequently Asked Questions
1. On which platforms can I use Hockey Coach Vision ?
We have a COACH and a PLAYER version. Both are available to use on iPads, Macs, Android tablets and Windows PCs. Additionally, the PLAYER version is also available for iPhones and Android phones. You can find all of the available HCV app versions in the SUPPORT section of our website under subcategory DOWNLOAD.
2. Can I use my account on every platform ?
Yes. If you bought HCV, you got your personal account which will allow you to login on all our supported platforms (iPad, Android tablet, Win and Mac).
3. What happens if I delete my HCV app ?
You will lose all of your local user content. So please do NOT delete your app in case you want to fix a bug. Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need any help!
We released a new Coach version in August 2018, which has the Cloud backup function. If you have your files synced successfully to our cloud, only then you are safe to delete your local app. Becuase when you log in again on any device, you will be able to press the Sync changes button to get your data back.
4. How can I share my files / packages ?
You can share your files / packages by using the SHARE feature within the app. To share a file, simply select it from the FILES BROWSER in your HCV app and press the share button (envelope icon). The receiver will receive an email as a notification and your file will be placed in his INBOX within the app. He has 2 weeks to import the file, before the sharing link expires.
Please note that the receiver of the shared content doesn't have to necessarily own the COACH version of Hockey Coach Vision. We have a free PLAYER version that will allow the receiver to view the shared content.
5. Can I use Hockey Coach Vision on multiple iPads at the same time ?
No, you can only use one HCV app at a time per platform. So, for example, if you have a new iPad and want to start using HCV on it, you'll need to log out of the app on your old iPad first! If you have lost your iPad and therefore cannot log out, please contact us! (email@example.com)
6. How can I sync my files between my HCV apps on different platforms ?
We released a new Coach version in August 2018, which has the Cloud backup function. This allows you to sync files between multiple devices. To sync your files follow these steps:
1. Start your HCV - Coach app where you have your drills.
2. Open the settings menu and go into account settings.
3. Press the "Sync Changes" button, to sync all your saved content to our cloud. Wait until the synchronization is finished successfully.
4. Start your HCV - Coach app on another device. If it's on the same platform, you'll have to log out first on your previous device.
5. Press the "Sync Changes" button, to get all the data that was uploaded in Step 3. from our cloud. If you have local changes on your device, these will be uploaded simultaneously to be retrievable on your previous device.
If you still need more help, please contact us! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Will I get all future updates with my purchase ?
Yes, we will constantly update the app with new features. To stay tuned about updates, please subscribe to our newsletter on the home site.
8. Do I have to animate every exercise ?
No, you don't have to animate all exercises. The "Video / Picture" feature allows you to store your content as picture or video files. Simply capture your content (for example with your iPad camera, or with a screenshot function on your laptop) so you can import it and save it as a Hockey Coach Vision file. For a more precise instruction about this process, please watch our video Tutorial 9: Picture And Video.
9. Why can't I see my drills on the main screen?
Because you most probably have selected a TAG or LEVEL, so the list is filtered. If your drill hasn't this TAG or LEVEL assigned to, it won't be displayed in the list. For further help, please check out the video Tutorial 7: Browsing Files.
10. Some events on the timing-line are disabled. Why ?
Puck events are disabled because they can influence multiple players and pucks. If you already made a puck event and want to change its timing, use the Remove function to remove the timing and recreate it with a better timing. The Remove button can always be applied to the last timing on the timing line.
11. Is there a possibility to export HCV animations as video files ?
Unfortunately, HCV does not provide this function. You could work around it to record what happens on your screen. The easiest way would be to use a program (for example Reflector) to mirror the app onto your computer, and then use Screenflick to record your computer screen images to a video file.
13. How can I create PDF files ?
There are two types of PDF's that can be created.
1. PDF of a lineup:
Go into the roster, select a team and then choose LINE-UP. On the top right you will see the button CREATE PDF, which will create a one-page PDF file with your players and the lines you have created.
2. PDF of a practice with line-up:
From the Files-Browser (the main list where all your files are) open the PACKAGES LIST which is at the bottom of your screen. Open a practice package and press the PDF button on the bottom left which can create a PDF in two formats. The COMPACT format which prints them all (up to 8 drills) on one page with the line-up at the top. Or the NORMAL format, which will print the line-up on the first page, and all drills on the following pages, having 3 drills per page.
12. What format does the video importer support ?
If you import videos with your Mac or Windows version, your video format needs to be mp4. If your video has a different format, you should use a software like "Handbrake" (free) to convert your video file into mp4. With a program like Handbrake you can simply choose the iPad preset, so the video will be perfectly formatted for all your devices.
If your converted file is still over 15 MB you have two options:
1. Try to shorten your video length by cutting your video with a video cutting program.
2. Lower the video output quality settings in Handbrake when converting your video file.
14. How can I buy a package from the Drill Store ?
You can buy drills in the Drill Store on our website:
Due to Apple restrictions, we are not allowed to put this information into our app.
NOTE: You need to have an HCV - Coach account to buy a package from our Drill Store. Your purchased package will be downloadable within your HCV - Coach app in the Packages list, in the PURCHASED folder. After you download the package, all files will be visible in your FILES BROWSER.
15. I purchased HCV in 2015, now when I start the app I need to login, why ?
We changed the pricing model since December 2015, so we had a registration period in November 2015 for early users that bought the app before that time. If you missed the chance to register in November, you can send us the Apple receipt of your purchase to email@example.com and we'll create an account for you.
16. How do I edit my payment details or cancel my subscription ?
When you bought your HCV subscription, you received an email from Fastspring (our online payment service) with a link to your subscription. Using this link you will be able to edit your payment details or cancel your subscription, so you won't be automatically charged on the renewal date.
If you lost your subscription link, please contact us! (firstname.lastname@example.org)